Corporate Social Responsability
Commitments and initiatives of the CSR
A responsible company in the social field and committed to internal management values is not only a great commitment, it is also a stimulating challenge that is achieved with effort every day.
Committed to children
Building a hospital to combat children's cancer is the objective of the project "Para los Valientes" (To the Brave) with the Hospital Sant Joan de Déu of Barcelona.
MiM Hotels is involved in publicizing this center's funding campaign to make the research and treatment of this illness which affects the youngest in our society into a reality.
Under the hashtags #paralosvalientes and #tothebrave, the campaign is being run from the website www.paralosvalientes.com.
A sustainable with a green spirit
The Hotel MiM Sitges is the first hotel in Europe and the seventh worldwide to achieve the LEED certification in the ‘Platinum’ category. This honor is awarded by the US Green Building Council to the most efficient and environmentally friendly buildings.
Since its origins, both in its construction and its daily operations, the hotel thought about how to reduce its environmental impact. Some noteworthy examples include:
• Two wind turbines and solar panels enable it to supply 60% of its own energy.
• Sustainable gardening, water consumption efficiency and the sowing of native plants.
• A facade designed to protect the building from solar radiation and improve its energy efficiency.
• Support for environmentally friendly travel with 2 chargers for electric vehicles.
• Internal air flow quality using technology in the filter that prevents respiratory problems and allergies.
• Periodic training of staff in environmental awareness.